Thursday, May 9, 2019

Preparing For My Trip

I am going on a trip to Minnesota in June and staying there until July, roughly 6 weeks. There is a lot I have to prepare for. In terms of things to bring, that is easy enough. I have a long list of things to pack all ready to go. It is more getting everything done before I go that I am worried about. I have chocolates to make (I sell them in stores), dogs to get vaccinated, a house to get cleaned, amidst trying to sell my mom's house and my dad's house at the same time (yes, two different houses!). It's a lot, to be honest. So, how will I cope? Well, to write, of course! I have a few pen pal letters to catch up on, Swap-bot swaps to finish up, a journal I can write in, and an account on allpoetry.com that I have been adding to recently. I'm also in two online poetry courses that I hope will improve my writing. Instead of adding to my stress all of this writing actually subtracts it instead. Writing is definitely a stress reliever for me. 

When I travel to Minnesota I will bring plenty of things to write on and with along with me. I will bring a junk journal that someone made for me. It's so chunky and fun! That way I can write in it, add pictures from my trip later, and add receipts or other ephemera from places I will go while I'm there. I will take a couple of other journals - one for poetry and one for my online poetry writing courses. I am bringing plenty of stationery with me for letter swaps and to write to a few friends while I am gone. I am bringing my Happy Planner. It is my best friend. I would be lost without it! I am also taking along my bullet journal for my list making tendencies that I cannot control. I am a list-o-holic. I will take a ton of pens because I am obsessed with all of the pretty colors and different kinds of ink that there are. I love my fountain pen (right now I'm using a turquoise ink), LePens, Pentel SparklePop pens, Pilot G-2 gel pens, Inkjoy gel pens, and Uniball Signo pens the best. It's really hard for me to pick a favorite. Last but not least I will take washi tape and stickers to decorate my journals and envelopes that I send out because why not? 

All in all I think I have everything planned out. It is just a matter of executing it expertly and not procrastinating or letting myself get too stressed out about anything. Piece of cake, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

This Weekend

As my summer trip to Minnesota grows nearer, I have been tying up loose ends, finishing up swaps, working on my poetry classes, and making c...