Thursday, May 23, 2019

This Weekend

As my summer trip to Minnesota grows nearer, I have been tying up loose ends, finishing up swaps, working on my poetry classes, and making chocolates in advance for the stores. Next on my list for this week(end) is to clear my ever-growing stack of pen pal letters. I have about 8 to write responses to. I want to have them all caught up before my trip so that I don't leave my pen pals hanging for too long. It's the perfect time to write letters, because I just received my subscription packet of LaPapierre stationery. If you haven't heard of them, check them out here or take a look at their Etsy shop here. They have beautiful letter writing paper and matching envelopes. I subscribe to their medium plan. They have 3 to pick from depending on how much you like to write. I like to write a lot but I supplement from their Etsy shop and other sources so I don't get their largest pack.
Anyway, I just got my subscription in the mail for this month so I am excited to bust out some sheets and start writing! 

What kinds of things do I like to talk about with my pen pals?  Well I of course told them all about my upcoming trip. Besides that, I like to chat about what I did that day or week, all about my dogs, about what crafts or art piece I'm working on, about any gaming I've done recently, and of course I respond to their questions and ask a few of my own about their life. It really is just like having a conversation over the phone but it is way more fun to see a letter arrive in your mailbox! Sometimes to switch it up I will use a couple of writing prompts. Then with some of my pen pals I play a game called Mail Tag. That's where you take a tag or piece of paper and write 3 to 5 questions for your pen pal to answer about themselves.  Then they answer them in their letter and ask you a few questions back with their own Mail Tag. It's just one of the little fun games that pen pals can play. There are several others but that's the only one I've done so far. 

This weekend is Memorial Day so on Sunday my in-laws are having a cookout. My husband has double-header softball games that afternoon too so Sunday will be a busy day. I'm bringing fruit, baked beans, and Ramen noodle salad to the cookout. Yum! Let's just hope it doesn't rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Weekend

As my summer trip to Minnesota grows nearer, I have been tying up loose ends, finishing up swaps, working on my poetry classes, and making c...