Monday, May 13, 2019

All Poetry

Have you heard of allpoetry.com ? It is an awesome website where you can share your poetry, take free online poetry classes, join groups, and get your work critiqued. I love the website, personally. Right now I'm taking 3 of their classes; one on sound, rhyme and meter, one on grammar (because one can never know too much about grammar) and one on the colors of poetry (simile, metaphor, personification, and hyperbole). I take notes in a journal dedicated to these classes and do all of my homework assignments in the journal too. I have learned quite a bit so far and I am very excited to learn more. Let me share with you a poem I wrote for a homework assignment:

The Facade

He buried his pain deep in his soul
He smoothed over his rough interior
He appeared fine on the surface
She saw past his façade
She dug deep and pulled him back
She was the bright light to his darkness

 In closing, I would highly recommend allpoetry.com to anyone who writes poetry of any kind. If you are more into story writing they have a sister website called storywrite.com. I haven't checked that out yet but it is on my list of things to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Weekend

As my summer trip to Minnesota grows nearer, I have been tying up loose ends, finishing up swaps, working on my poetry classes, and making c...