Wednesday, May 15, 2019

What I Do

I am a busy person, always on the go. I spend some of my time writing letters, poetry, and stories at my desk. I have a small computer desk that holds my computer monitor and keyboard, assorted pens and stationery, memo pads, a mail organizer, postcards, postage stamps, rubber stamps and ink pads, washi tape, stickers, and other various odds and ends for writing and journaling. Next to my desk is where I keep my stack of journals. I have a bullet journal, a planner, a poetry class journal, a poetry journal, a story-writing journal, a few junk journals, a positive affirmation journal, and some blank journals that I'll find a purpose for later. 

I also spend some of my time creating mixed media art and various crafts. I've been creating mixed media art for a few years now and I am loving it. I basically learned from YouTube and then it was just a process of trial and error, and believe me, I made plenty of errors. I started selling my work about a year and a half ago in a store and on Etsy. I have since moved out of the store but continue to sell in my Etsy shop. I greatly appreciate everyone who believes in my art. I do a lot of crafts and artsy things besides canvases. Right now I am working on an altered CD, using it as a canvas. I have also created on boxes, books, tins, frames, pins, magnets, coasters, badge holders, and more I'm sure. I also like to make assemblage art. I call it metal junk art, although I do use other elements such as plastic and wood sometimes. I just made a couple of robots out of children's wooden blocks and dominoes, using gears for eyes. If you'd like to check out my Etsy shop, click here

A big chunk of my time is taken up with gaming. I am a gamer at heart. I have played Magic the Gathering for 18 years now and I do tournaments on the weekends. I also love video games, computer games, board and card games, any kind of games! Every weekend and sometimes during the week we go over to my in-laws' house and play a few games of spades. 

My other hobby, or a "tiny business" if you will, is chocolate-making. I sell chocolates in three stores now and I participate in craft shows during the spring and fall. The tiny business started out with my mom and I doing craft shows. It grew slowly from there, with a few people wanting us in their stores. My mom passed away last year so now it's all up to me to carry on the chocolate-making. I stay pretty busy with it and have quite a few regular customers. I also make favors for weddings, baby showers, bridal showers, birthdays, etc. I even made favors for an adult party once! 😝 My best seller is buckeyes. They're an Ohio thing, you know, the Ohio State Buckeyes? Well, they're super popular here. They consist of a peanut butter filling (butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, peanut butter) rolled into a ball and dipped not quite all the way in dark chocolate, resembling a buckeye nut. They're delicious if you are a fan of peanut butter. 

Another hobby of mine is bowling. I am on a bowling league currently and am about to go to a Nationals bowling tournament this weekend. It's the first year we made it to Nationals so I'm really excited. The bowling alley we're going to has 90 lanes, the biggest in the country. This fall I am joining a second bowling league, an all women's one. That should be fun!

Like I said, I am a busy person. I like to be doing something at all times. I don't leave time for socializing. I am definitely an introvert, in my own little world. I enjoy all that I do and wouldn't change it for the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Weekend

As my summer trip to Minnesota grows nearer, I have been tying up loose ends, finishing up swaps, working on my poetry classes, and making c...