Tuesday, May 7, 2019

So...Welcome to My Blog!


I am very new at this and hoping to gain experience along the way. There are so many creative blogs out there I can use for inspiration. Now if I could just figure out how...

An Introduction:

I am a wife and a dogmom first. Second, I am a creative soul, always writing, making art, and crafting. I love to create mixed media and assemblage art. My earliest love was writing and I've been smitten ever since. I love to write short stories, poetry, and most of all letters. I am an avid pen pal writer, a Swap-bot enthusiast, and a postcrosser. If you'd like to learn more about these hobbies check out:




In this blog I want to focus more on the writing portion of my life. I've always wanted to create a blog just to release some of my words into this world and now it is happening. I wrote a poem recently that I want to share with you all: 

Nature's breath on the trees
Blows all the leaves down
Down to the hard earth
Down to be swept away

Nature's breath leaves a chill
Frost forms on the branches
Ice crystals spread over bark
Snow falls as softly as feathers

Nature's breath warms the ice
It thaws and waits
The rain starts and doesn't stop
Everything blooms to life

Nature's breath dries the rain
The forest has returned
Lush green plants thrive
Crops are harvested before
Nature's breath blows again
-Elizabeth Neely

This poem was inspired by the wind blowing one day as I thought of all of the things that nature's breath does. Isn't Mother Nature amazing?

In closing, I want to thank everyone for reading my first post. I can't wait to share with you all my creative writing endeavors. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

This Weekend

As my summer trip to Minnesota grows nearer, I have been tying up loose ends, finishing up swaps, working on my poetry classes, and making c...