Friday, May 10, 2019

The Peacock

All of my life I have been obsessed with peacocks. They are just so beautiful! I have a collection of peacock things ranging from socks to carnival glass to stationery. Even my Christmas tree is peacock themed. I love it! I figured since I love them so much I'd write about them too. Here is a short poem I wrote about them today:

The Peacock

The beauty and the majesty
Is a wondrous sight to see
The deep sea blues and greens
Are colors from our dreams

When those feathers fan out wide
My awe is what I cannot hide
Their strut seems so proud
But have you heard them? They're so loud!



No comments:

Post a Comment

This Weekend

As my summer trip to Minnesota grows nearer, I have been tying up loose ends, finishing up swaps, working on my poetry classes, and making c...