Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Swap-bot



Swap-bot is hands down my favorite website. I check my Swap-bot when I wake up, multiple times throughout the day, and before I go to bed. You could say that I'm a bit obsessed. What is Swap-bot exactly? It's a website that connects people from around the globe in a creative way. Swaps are set up by your peers for just about anything you can imagine. My favorite types of swaps are ones for letters and handmade journals, as well as some crafty type of swaps. There are also tag games that you can get into where you "tag" someone for an item and they send it to you then you offer items to be "tagged". There are groups on the website that are fun to join as well as a forum where you can have online discussions with other swappers. There is a rating system in place for swaps that allow you to not only let the person know you received their item but to weed out potential flakers (people who sign up for a swap but do not send their part). This does happen but not too often if you're careful about which swaps you join. I feel like it is a small risk for such a huge reward. If you'd like to consider joining Swap-bot I recommend joining the Newbie Helpers group, which helps guide you through everything on the site. 


This is a stack of today's incoming mail from Swap-bot. I've covered addresses with the purple papers. Most mail you will receive from Swap-bot will be colorful and pretty. It's just what we do. We like to brighten people's mailboxes with colorful pieces of mail.

Supplies you may want/need to start swapping:
  • Stationery
  • Pens
  • Postcards
  • Washi tape
  • Stickers
  • Notecards
  • Art & craft supplies if you are crafty
  • Envelopes
These are the most commonly used swapping supplies in my opinion. These will pretty much suffice for several swaps and envelope decorating. 

Think you'll fit right in? I'm sure you will! Come on over and check us out. You won't be disappointed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Weekend

As my summer trip to Minnesota grows nearer, I have been tying up loose ends, finishing up swaps, working on my poetry classes, and making c...